The SERC fileservers provides home areas to the users of SERC Computational facilities. The fileservers named NFSHA-Primary and NFSHA-Secondary are configured in Active/Active mode along with Dual Expander JBODs in a DAS setup, each exporting a set of NFS -shares to SahasraT (Cray-XC40), SERC HPC Clusters and the access stations in 1st Floor Bay area.
The two fileservers maintain High Availability by the use of PCS HA cluster software, Intel Hardware key and software paired with the Intel RS3SC008 controllers.
The total raw storage capacity is 100TB out of which the usable storage space is 88TB (Configured in RAID 6 ) . Out of 88TB of disk space ,44TB is for hosting user home areas while the remaining 44TB is dedicated for maintaining backups.
All the users have a default home space quota limit of 1.5GB with the exception of IISc Staffs, who have a default limit of 5GB. Users can request for additional home space for a fixed period of time by filling the extra-resource form available at SERC Website.
The NFS-shares on all the SERC client machines are available over a 1 GigE network, while for SahasraT ( Cray-XC40), a dedicated 10GigE connectivity has been provided.
Backup and Restore Strategy :
For each of the NFS-Shares, corresponding backups are maintained.
The backup policy is to maintain two zero level backups followed by daily incremental backups . At the end of a day, the first zero level backup is sync’d with the active NFS- shares and the second level backup is sync’d at the end of a week. The increments are maintained for a period of 30 days.
Hardware Overview :
OEM : Supermicro
- Model No: SuperServer 6017R-N3RF4+
- Processor : 2 x Intel Xeon processor Ivy Bridge 6C E5-2630V2 2.6G 15M 7.2GT/s QPI
- Memory : 128GB DDR3-1600 ECC RDIMM (24x DIMM slots)
- Storage: 2 x 1TB Enterprise SAS 7.2K for OS
- RAID Card : Intel(R) Synchro RAID Controller RS3SC008 with Hardware Key supporting HA .
- Optical DVD RW Drive
- Connectivity : Intel i350 GbE Controller ; 4x ports GbE LAN + Dual SFP+ Intel 82599 10GbE Controller.
- Chassis : 1U Rackmountable Chassis .
- Graphics : Matrox G200eW
- Management :
- Intel IPMI 2.0 and KVM with dedicated LAN
- Intel RAID Web Console 2
- Ports : I/O Ports – 1x VGA , 1x Fast UART 16550 port/1 Header , 7xUSB 2.0 ports, 4x SAS ports (3Gbps) ,4x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, 1x RJ45 Dedicated IPMI LAN port.
- Power Supply : 750/700W Redundant Power supplies.
Expander JBODs :
- 4U JBOD storage chassis.
- Model Number : 846BE2C-R1K03JBOD
- 2x 24 BAY JBOD each populated with 24 x 3TB hot-swappable SAS Drives.
- SAS 12G dual expander backplane with LSI SAS3 expander, supporting 24x 3.5” SAS3 drives, with 8x mini-SAS HD connectors.
- 1x IPMI port for Remote System Power on/off and system monitoring.
- 5 hot-plug redundant cooling fans.
- 1000W (1+1) 96% efficient Titanium level power supplies.
Software Overview :
- Operating System – CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511
- Pacemaker cluster resource manager
- Corosync : the cluster engine providing clustering infrastructure such as membership, messaging and quorum.
- PCS : Pacemaker/corosync Configuration System (version 0.9.143 )